|New dialog this week: preparation for synchronization.|
- Factored Meta::Track::recentPlayCount() into capability, it didn't have much sense.
- Added above page for the first step of the synchronization, added Back button to the second page.
- Made Amarok remember syncing preferences: what fields and collections to synchronize. Local Collection and iPod collections are checked by default.
- Implemented automatic unattended synchronization: checked (or enabled by default not-unchecked) collections will be synchronized automagically as soon as they appear or on start-up (with some delay to let them settle). If ratings conflicts are detected, it will fall-back to interactive mode and you can make the background job interactive as well.
- Improved minor visual things (ratings are now nicely painted using stars) plus did some code clean-up so that first part of my GSoC approaches merge-ready state.
- I've fought with QTableView and sizeHint()s a bit, but I've won. :-)
- The dialogs probably need usability and design review, sure I'll contact KDE Usability group before merging.
- According to my schedule, I've fulfilled week 5 and week 7 with this (funny). More importantly, first part of my project is roughly done by this week's advancements, and I'm quite happy with the results. I think that the unattended synchronization is particularly useful: you just tell Amarok what to synchronize once and it does everything else for you; that's what 99% users will be using most of the time in my opinion.
- This week I'll finally start looking at Last.fm things.