What I've done this week:
- Fixed bug 292245 where statistics, lyrics and labels of a song are lost if its meta-data are changed in Amarok and then it is moved. The fix is already pushed to master, enjoy!
- Fixed bug 298275 where statistics of all tracks are lost in some cases such as toggling Local Files & USB Mass Storage Backend in Configuration -> Plugins (don't do it!). This turned out to be rather beefy patch series that currently awaits review (hi Ralf!) as it touches some delicate parts of Amarok.
- Made SqlScanResultProcessor clean up the mess left by the Organize Files functionality (bug 289338), included in above series.
- (Hopefully) made Amarok much more cautious when it comes to destructive operations in order not to lose precious data such as ratings when something goes wrong. For example, no entries are removed from the database if a serious error occurs before. Included in above series.
- SqlScanResultProcessor was rather hard to understand. I spend hours just to realise what's going on.
- Debugging collection scanner is time consuming. I've performed countless code → build → restore database → test cycles.
- I'll file usability review request about GUI of statistics synchronization.
- I'll move on to the second part of my project - Last.fm integration in statistics synchronization.
You can test my work by pulling and building gsoc branch of my Amarok git repository clone, it already works quite well! I also publish weekly diffs with more technical details on KDE's review board which may be a more convenient way to review my code and to comment on it: week 1 week 2 week 3 week 4 (week 5 done in →) week 6 week 7 (master bugfix)